Thursday, July 5, 2012

C.O.P. Cookies


Let me take you back, oh let's say, 10 years. I was eight and just learning how to bake by myself. My mom loved that I had taken it upon myself to be in charge of baked goods in the house, so she usually always had stuff for me to bake, either from scratch or box.

Well, you know how little kids can't make up their minds about really anything? This was one of those moments.

I had everything I needed for three kinds of cookies; oatmeal, peanut butter, and chocolate chip cookies. I LOVE all three kind, and being a little kid, I decided to combine all three and make a sort of hybrid cookie. Thus became the birth of the Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie, or C.O.P. Cookie.

Yes, I know that someone else had already started making these somewhere else in the world, but let's not burst my 8-year-old genius, okay?

Ingredients
3 c. Brown sugar
1 1/2 c. Margarine or butter
1 tsp. Salt
4 c. Oatmeal
4 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
2 tsp. Cinnamon
2 1/2 c. Flour
1 bag Chocolate chips (Don't pretend you don't just pour the whole bag in there!)
1 c. Peanut butter (Creamy or crunchy; Amount really depends on how much of a peanut butter flavor you want)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven  to 375.
  2. Mix together brown sugar, margarine/butter, salt, eggs, vanilla, baking soda, cinnamon, and peanut butter.
  3. Mix oatmeal, flour, and chocolate chips into wet ingredient mixture.
  4. Drop by spoon onto greased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment